Cosmetic acupuncture is an effective, non-surgical treatment to reduce the signs of aging. It involves the insertion of very thin disposable needles into the face. This superficial insertion will increase the local circulation to the face and stimulate collagen production, which will fill out the lines and give firmness to the skin for a healthy, glowing complexion. Increased blood circulation to your face tightens your skin and promotes collagen production for increased muscle tone and elasticity (this is what keeps wrinkles from forming). Patients look and feel younger, get rid of unwanted wrinkles and blemishes, and can see improvements in complexion, and texture.
What are the benefits of Cosmetic acupuncture?
- Improves muscle tone
- Increases circulation to the face which oxygenates the skin
- Tightens the pores
- Reduces acne by improving hormone balance
- Nourishes the skin giving you a healthy complexion with natural glowing, radiant, and younger looking skin
- Moisturizes the skin from the inside out
- Minimizes or eliminates fine lines
- Reduces double chin
- Reduces frown lines
- Lifts sagging skin, puffy or droopy eyelids
- Increases collagen production
- Brightens the eyes; minimizes dark circles and crows feet around the eyes
- Softens scars
- Reduces spider veins
- Accentuates the cheek bones
What is the course of treatment for cosmetic acupuncture?
It is generally recommended to have between 10-12 sessions. The treatments are done once a week for best results. Individual results will vary from treatment to treatment depending on age, facial hygiene and lifestyle. Visible results can happen anywhere from the first treatment to the third. It takes about 6-7 treatments for more significant results to be seen. After 10-12 sessions, maintenance is recommended at once a month for 6 months and then maintenance at 3-4 times per year. With proper maintenance, good facial hygiene, and an overall healthy lifestyle, results are expected to last between 2-5 years.